Friday 15 May 2009

The LDS Blob

Alway's one to try and see the 'beauty' in people imagine my alarm at church last week.

To put you in the picture I have always imagined (against my wildest dreams) the 'perfect' LDS gal. This is a throwback to my teen years when the missionaries used to pull out their wallets with photo's of a string of female LDS groupies. All 'Americana' I hasten to add. You know the type, tan, teeth, long eyelashes etc etc. So I imagined all LDS female peeps would be like that.

Enter 'Jabba the Hut' aka 24601 at the back of church during Sacrament (I should say 'Egress') No shoes on, no tights or socks, hairy legs and a car tyre which had been cut into 2 six inch lengths which doubled up as sandals (but to be fair about the hairy legs,I think she must have broken a Gillette MK 3 on a very tricky upward motion. I think she should try 'T Cut' in future, think on that, bald legs and a beautiful shine to boot) This, I hasten to add is what's known as 'Sunday Best' Oh, I forgot to mention, she had in tow a child, aka 'Eponine'

bye mae looves



I think Brother Brigham would have had a word to say about this

1 comment:

  1. HAhahaha...


    Hold up.

    I sit at the back of the chapel in church... are you referring to MY open-toed sandals?!

    Claire

    ReplyDelete