Sunday 26 April 2009

The Cumbernauld Dandy....AKA.. Lee

Anyone who knows me has come to accept the fact that I am not an afficionado in the fashion stakes. I like 'comfortable' wear, the stuff that one could wear to the Local Authority dump (we have a very nice one. I must take Linda there one day on a picnic) and not feel out of place in Sauchiehall Street on a Saturday afternoon.
However, I do have a keen eye on 'The Gentlemen's Market' where up and coming fashions are paraded before all and sundry looking for keen approval.
Well, Lee Zahra is one of them and is a 'Dandy' to watch out for in upmarket mags such as Dyno-Rod Daily, GQ, Frying Fats (weekly), Old Moore's Almanac, Mouse Breeders (monthly), Massey Ferguson Tractor Parts (bi monthly) and many more cutting edge mags.
Consider the ensemble and catwalk as a radio/TV wag would announce it.
Introducer.."And we're here in Lenzie today with all the big names in the modelling circus. We have secured, at a very high cost, the bit between the living room and the foyer (hall) of one Captain Zippy. Our team are here waiting for the big moment when Lee Zahra (modelling name 'Benny the Bolt')is going to make an appearance. One of the panel will be speaking to him soon. Ah, here he comes now, over to you Senga"

Senga..Thankyou. I'm trying to to squeeze through this vast thong to get to Benny..................made it. Benny! Benny?...a word please? Ah super, he can give us a few moments.
Benny...'Ello dahlin'
Senga.'Er quite. Benny, you have rocketed to the absolute periphery of the fashion underworld. Why do you think this has happened so quickly?'
Benny.'I'd like to thank my sponsor 'oo rearly suppawts me'
Senga...'Who is your sponsor?'
Benny.'Harry and Henry THE Haddock and Herring Wholesale Hontroponores'
Senga...'And are they here tonight?'
Benny.'No'
Senga...'So what the hell is that smell?'
Benny.'Well, I'm keeping my fish supper warm'
Senga...'Where?...Oh, I see'

Announcer....'And this is the moment you have been waiting for..please give a very well deserved lacklustre welcome to.......BENNY!!!!'

Addie...'Benny is strutting his stuff hovering between the living room and the hall. He turns half heel to show us what a desperate eye for fashion he has. This 'outfit' was actually collected by Benny from some of the biggest clearing houses in the West of Scotland..Salvation Army; British Heart Foundation; PDSA; Canine Defence League; Be Kind To Worms and The Arches (Glasgow Division)
I'll take time to describe what he is wearing. Very exciting, I think it will be in all of the Paris cathouses within a week...but I digress.
This collection is called 'I didn't know what to wear this mawning, so I thought I'd be smart and casual'
He has a grey pullover (Sally Ann) beautiful crushed shirt (Bottom Drawer) smart jeans (Clothes Line) The effect is stunning! The shirt out of the the back of the trousers but tucked in front can only mean one thing...bordering on the imperfect. A cheeky dig at the world of haute couture.
One more thing to mention is the fashionable accoutrement of having tissue (toilet) paper coming down from under the hem of the troos. Nice, very nice touch.

Please keep a watch at this page to see how Benny gets on introducing 'Royston's Next Top Model'

Bye Mae Looves

2 comments:

  1. Poor Lee.

    Just cos he's not discovered the £3 shirts from Asda...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, smartypants, you're wrong, I bought them for a deal 3 for £9

    ReplyDelete